The mission of the National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) is to build the capacity of our members so they can help older adults and people with disabilities live with dignity and choices in their homes and communities for as long as possible. n4a is a 501(c)(3) membership association representing America’s national network of 622 Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) and providing a voice in the nation’s capital for the 256 Title VI Native American aging programs. Our vision is to build a society that values and supports people as they age.
Job Title: Senior Research Associate
Reports to: Chief, Programs & Services
The Senior Research Associate provides research analysis and evaluation for two major programs at n4a: the National Aging and Disability Business Institute, which aims to develop the business capacity of community-based organizations to partner/contract with health providers to better integrate medical and social supports, and the Capacity Building Initiative, which conducts regular comprehensive surveys of AAAs and Title VI grantees, in addition to periodic surveys and/or key informant discussions on special topics. Information gathered through these initiatives is developed into reports, fact sheets, webinars and trainings.
The successful candidate is an energetic, self-starter with a background in aging, health care and/or research. Other attributes of the successful candidate are: strong writer, efficient time and project manager, organized and detail-oriented, creative and forward-thinking, and a team player. Customer service and responsiveness is also important, as this position serves as a key resource for BI stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts analysis of policy issues and topics, researches background information, the origin of laws, and potential impacts
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative research (i.e., key informant interviews, white and grey literature searches, etc.) on an array of issues, including the intersection of health care and social supports, policies and procedures of health care contracting, ROI of evidence-based programs and more
- Develops and updates a national database repository of community-based organizations’ contracts with health care payers
- Provides high-level support and applies research skills and knowledge to the data analysis, report writing and dissemination of the biennial survey of Area Agencies on Aging and Title VI Native American aging programs, as well as other projects related to the Capacity Building Initiative
- Supports evaluation team in assessing the overall impact of the Business Institute, as well as individual activities; develops plans for continuous quality improvement
- Applies knowledge of research tools and analytical approaches to assist in maintenance of tracking tool to capture process measures and track the progress of the interventions
- Provides technical assistance to community-based organizations and other stakeholders
- Prepares and coordinates development of variety of written products; including drafting summaries, case studies, white papers, presentations and other materials to support n4a initiatives