Education and Training, Project Management/Program Development
The Manager, Educational Products contributes to the development, sales, delivery and strategic direction for the growing portfolio of SHRM products. This portfolio includes products that serve a business-to-business and a business-to-consumer market. These products help HR professionals develop their professional skills, competencies, and in turn, support the advancement of the HR profession. In this capacity, the Manager, Educational Products will manage product distribution channels, oversee and lead product updates - including new product development - and will be a key player in driving innovation for the division. Additionally, they will contribute to the identification of new partnership opportunities and will be an important partner in cross-department sales and marketing efforts.
Oversee a portfolio of Educational Products to meet associated revenue targets and customer satisfaction reviews. Internally, this includes collaboration with SHRM leads to deliver HR solutions for organizations, serve as key collaborator with the marketing team on all collateral, and develop as an expert on competitive landscape. Externally, this role will be responsible for the sales and delivery of the products, engagement with customers to maintain an expert level understanding of their needs, and identification of opportunities to continue growing the products business.
Increase and innovate the product portfolio with new products and product extensions, while managing against expenses. The Manager will be responsible for scoping and negotiating new product development with vendors, will oversee RFP and RFI processes, conceptualize new products, create and manage product roadmaps, interface with market research, and develop and implement go-to-market strategies.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND OPERATIONS
Serve as a key player in the division, demonstrated by participation in organization-wide initiatives and growth of cross-sell opportunities. The Manager will support the division’s financial sustainability with a keen focus on operations and product distribution. Additionally, the Manager will develop and implement operations reporting to share with the division and organization.
Specialist, Educational Products (1)
• Exemplary communication skills both written and verbal, including grammar.
• Ability to create and implement complex project plans independently.
• Sharp business acumen with demonstrated ability to make data-driven decisions.
• Solid customer service commitment: resourceful, diplomatic, team-oriented and sensitive to the needs of members, customers, and staff.
• Strong computer software skills, including demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required and survey administration software.
• Bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of experience in product sales, management, and/or development. Knowledge and experience in the Human Resources field preferred.
• Experience managing budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment to successfully and timely deliver to internal/external customers at all levels.
• Experience creating and delivering executive-level presentations.
• Decision making authority with the ability to prioritize, plan, solve problems and carry out responsibilities independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift up to 30 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No relocation assistance provided.
To apply: www.shrm.jobs
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.
About Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is the world’s largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries. For nearly seven decades, the Society has been the leading provider of resources serving the needs of HR professionals and advancing the practice of human resource management. SHRM has more than 575 affiliated chapters within the United States and subsidiary offices in China, India and United Arab Emirates. Visit us at shrm.org.