Under the direction of the Senior Director of Membership, the Manager of Member Recruitment plans, manages, and executes member acquisition strategies. The Manager identifies ways in which ISRI can effectively target, engage, and acquire new members, leveraging staff and volunteer relationships whenever possible. He/She collaborates with the Communications Department on the development of messaging and social media outreach that aids in acquiring new members. The Manager is an active listener who demonstrates an ability to conduct needs based selling in a consultative manner. The Manager is accountable for achieving sales goals and is granted a great deal of independent discretion and action within the framework of agreed upon goals and initiatives for the department and organization as a whole.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
· Plans, creates, manages, and executes new member recruitment campaigns
· In collaboration with staff and volunteers, takes the lead in developing and maintaining a pipeline of member prospects
· Effectively uses the AMS to develop data analytics in support of sales strategies
· Leverages staff and volunteer relationships with prospects in sales outreach
· Collaborates with chapter leaders for local member recruitment efforts
· Monitors trade press for acquisitions, divestitures, staff appointments and promotions; maintains a program of congratulatory outreach
· Represents ISRI at association and industry events/trade shows, promoting the value of ISRI membership at the national and chapter levels
· Conducts prospect and chapter visits as appropriate
· Assists in conducting member engagement and retention calls
· Provides general member relations support and assistance to the Membership Department
· Other duties as assigned
These are the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Behaviors needed to competently do the job:
· Confident, self-starter capable of exhibiting independent judgement while working as part of a team
· Strong verbal and written persuasive communication skills
· Excellent customer service ethic; easily develops and maintains collaborative internal and external relationships
· Diplomatic and flexible in working with different personalities and approaches to a situation
· Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively and professionally with exceptional attention to detail
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to seize opportunities and resolve problems
· Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Proficient in working with an association management system (AMS)
· Experienced user of mass email programs such as RealMagnet, ConstantContact, etc.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Minimum of three years’ experience in successful membership sales for an association or service sales in another industry
· Demonstrated prior success in achieving growth by executing sales strategies
· Three or more years’ experience with public speaking / delivering presentations to groups
· Demonstrated experience in developing leads, maintaining a pipeline of prospects, and closing sales
· Understanding of advocacy, how it impacts members, and how it creates value
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to document complicated processes
· At least two years of experience working in netFORUM Enterprise or similar AMS/CRM, such as Personify, Aptify or Salesforce
· Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to ISRI and industry events and conferences
· More than three years’ experience in member recruitment for a trade association
· Knowledge or experience in the scrap recycling industry
· Experience writing custom queries in an AMS
Additional Salary Information: ISRI's benefit package represents between 35-40% of pay and includes medical, retirement and leave programs.
Internal Number: Membership
The Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Inc. (ISRI) is the “Voice of the Recycling Industry”. Nominated as one of 2018 top manufacturing associations to work for, ISRI represents more than 1600 companies in 21 chapters nationwide that process, broker, and consume scrap commodities including metals, paper, plastics, glass, rubber, electronics, and textiles. With headquarters in Washington, DC, the Institute provides education, advocacy, safety and compliance training and promotes public awareness of the vital role recycling plays in the U.S. economy, global trade, the environment and sustainable development. For more information about ISRI, please visit www.isri.org.