Marketing Manager The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Marketing Manager for its Marketing department. AAJ seeks to promote a fair and effective civil justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.
The Marketing Manager will manage, plan, and execute projects, serve as the point of contact for various internal clients, external vendors and serve an integral member of the marketing team.
Responsibilities include: • Develop, coordinate, and execute day-to-day marketing strategies and tactics for internal clients including AAJ Press, Business Development, Exchange, Publications, and Sections & Litigation Groups.
• Maintain marketing and production calendars for all campaigns and provide updates to internal clients on a regular basis.
• Manage promotional campaigns from start-to-finish, to include direct mail, print ads, electronic communications, print, and social media communications in coordination with marketing staff and internal clients.
• Lead internal client meetings and collaborate with stakeholders to develop clear and relevant messaging across all marketing channels.
• Oversee and develop marketing project timelines with designers, printers, mail houses, and other vendors to execute projects that support internal business unit goals to meet or exceed revenue targets.
• Manage all email marketing components for products in the manager’s portfolio, including copywriting, layout, graphics, segmentation, personalization, distribution, and ongoing evaluation.
• Lead and develop strategy for reporting, testing, analyzing, and forecasting for marketing channels.
• Work with the Associate Director of Digital Marketing and Communications to plan, execute, and track performance of social media components as they relate to marketing campaigns. • Oversee the maintenance of related mailing lists. Ensure accuracy of data and proper use of lists.
• Oversee creation of association’s member newsletters and coordinate with marketing staff and internal clients to ensure association’s outreach activities, programs, and initiatives are appropriately represented.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: • Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
• Minimum of three years of related project management experience in marketing and/or communications is required.
• Prior experience in associations is preferred, but not required.
• Experience working with association management systems or CRM, such as iMIS, netFORUM, Personify, yourmembership, Memberclicks, Salesforce, etc. is required.
• Strong writing and editing skills are essential.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of internal stakeholders and use independent judgement in making decisions are necessary.
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office, have experience with email marketing platforms such as Constant Contact, Informz, Marketo, etc., including a working knowledge of the advanced features associated with campaign management, segmentation, and list management.
• Basic understanding of HTML; website management experience. • Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop), experience with a CMS platform (Wordpress, Drupal, etc.), are helpful but not required.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. Plus, we’re across from the Verizon Center, a block from the Shakespeare Theatre Company, near museums, food trucks, cool shops on F street, independent coffee shops, a movie theater, and bowling alley.
Please email cover letter, salary requirements and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
No phone calls please.
About American Association for Justice
The American Association for Justice, formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America (ATLA®), provides trial attorneys with information, professional support and a nationwide network that enables them to most effectively and expertly represent clients. The mission of the American Association for Justice is to promote a fair and effective justice system—and to support the work of attorneys in their efforts to ensure that any person who is injured by the misconduct or negligence of others can obtain justice in America’s courtrooms, even when taking on the most powerful interests.