Administrative, Clerical, Support, Customer Service and Support, Other
4 Year Degree
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of membership for Associate Fellows, Residents, Medical Students and Affiliate Members. In addition, this position is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of strategies to recruit and retain members for these four membership groups.
This Non-Exempt position will report to the Senior Manager in the Division of Member Services.
• Evaluate the eligibility and completeness of applications for Associate Fellow, Resident, Medical Student and Affiliate membership. Communicate with applicants during all phases of the application process and ensure the quality and completeness of applicant data entered into Aptify. Communicate with Fellows serving as references for Affiliate applications. Identify database and application enhancements to improve the user experience and optimize internal operations.
• Provide high-level customer service as a primary point of contact for residency programs using the group enrollment and billing system to guide usage and troubleshoot issues. Process group billing and enrollment transactions via Aptify. Assist with promotion and management of the group enrollment and billing system. Process dues payments and requests for membership reinstatement. Conduct monthly data quality audits to ensure the accuracy of non-Fellow member data.
• Contribute to the development and implementation of communication strategies to increase membership transition for Medical Student members to Resident membership, Resident members to Associate Fellow membership, and Associate Fellows to Fellow membership. Contribute to the development and implementation of recruitment and retention strategies to increase the number of members in all categories.
• Track and analyze application and reinstatement processing on a monthly basis to optimize workflow processes and generate and analyze reports on applicant trends to support recruitment efforts. Work with Fellow Dues and Status staff to track and analyze member dues payment data and trends.
• Provide high-level customer service to, and communication with, applicants and members via toll-free phone lines and general email inboxes. Use information gained to better understand member and applicant experience and make recommendations for improvements in operations where necessary.
• Assist with processing Fellow dues and status transactions, as needed. Serve as a backup analyst for processing Fellowship applications, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 4 years’ professional office experience, including data entry and high level customer service (both phone and email).
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Intermediate Excel skills and/or aptitude preferred.
• Capable of providing excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Display high level of energy and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to plan and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Evening or weekend duties may be required. Minimal travel (once a year) for activities such as out of town meetings is required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Number: 19-0041
About American College of Surgeons
The American College of Surgeons is a professional and educational organization of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to raise the standards of surgical practice and improve the quality of care for surgical patients. The College is dedicated to the ethical and competent practice of surgery. Its achievements have significantly influenced the course of scientific surgery in America and have established it as an important advocate for all surgical patients. The College has more than 80,000 members and is the largest organization of surgeons in the world. For more information, visit www.facs.org.