Reporting to the Director of Governance and Board Affairs, this position works to support and enhance the governance administration and operations of the AANA Board of Directors, AANA Committees and other AANA governance domains as needed. As a trusted governance team member, this role assists volunteer leaders to work toward the optimal outcome and supports colleagues across the AANA enterprise in implementing good governance practices. All staff are expected to foster a workplace culture that promotes divergent thinking, openness, respect, trust and the desire to be epic.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports the development of meeting agendas for the Board of Directors and Committees.
· Compiles and disseminates board meeting materials and board-approved actions.
· Assists in providing professional best practice governance consultation to individual staff and staff teams across the AANA.
· In collaboration with the Director of Governance and Board Affairs, reviews association policies established and recommends revisions as necessary to ensure accuracy, effectiveness, and compliance with governing documents.
· Develops weekly and monthly activity governance reporting to include progress, risks, etc.
· In collaboration with the Director of Governance and Board Affairs, evaluates current governance policies and strategic business plans that supports optimal governance processes.
· Conducts research for various Board related initiatives and corporate governance issues and assists in preparation of recommendations, executive summaries and proposals.
· Assists in conducting Board and Committee briefings with Staff.
· Attends all Board meetings and functions, and effectively communicates with Board members as needed.
· Provides staff support to committees and board task forces as assigned (i.e. Bylaws, Resolutions, and others as needed).
· Assists in the development and coordination of the Annual Board Orientation program.
· Works with appropriate staff leadership in the development and execution of State President and Committee Chair webinars.
· Assists in content preparation for power points for various presentations including State Pres Conf Calls, Committee Chair Conf Calls, Business Meeting, Memorial video at BUSM, others as needed.
· Assists with coordination of activities surrounding the annual business meeting, including script preparation, coordination of parliamentarian and President and President-elect orientation.
· Assists with Joint Committee Agenda, materials development, AV, coordination with meetings dept, etc.
· Maintains Website pages pertaining to Governance and AANA Business.
· Assists in annual budget preparation for Governance Dept.
· Assists Archivist/Records Manager with organization wide compliance with Records Retention Policy.
· Assists in coordination of Board member logistics related to board meetings and other miscellaneous travel as needed.
· Codes and processes Board and dept staff expense reports assuring they are in alignment with the AANA Travel and Reimbursement policy.
· Assists in recording minutes for board meetings and other committees as assigned.
· Assists in processing of online committee applications.
· Provides administrative assistance to the Director of Governance and Board Affairs and Executive Unit as needed.
· Coordinates and executes the AANA member recognition award process which has provided a mechanism to annually honor exceptional contributors to the profession of nurse anesthesia and increase member engagement in the association.
· Other duties as assigned.
The AANA offers a comprehensive employee benefits package which includes:
· BlueCross and Blue Shield of Illinois medical
· Traditional PPO
· Consumer Driven Health Plan (HSA)
· 401(k) with a competitive match and generous additional annual company contribution
· Company covers cost at 100% for;
· Wellness program
· Flex Spending
· Additional benefits include;
· Tuition assistance
· Paid holidays
· Office closed between Christmas Day to New Year’s Day
· Generous time off for vacation
· Sick time
· Floating holidays
· Employee referral bonus!
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
· 3-5 years of association governance experience, preferably in a healthcare professional association.
· Experience in proactively developing and improving processes.
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
· CAE certification a plus.
Qualifications & Other Skills:
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to clearly and concisely communicate to all levels of the association
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong analytical skills
· Intermediate experience with MS Office
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Ability to work well and communicate with staff at all levels of the association
About American Association of Nurse Anesthetists
Founded in 1931, the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) is the professional association representing more than 44,000 Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) and student nurse anesthetists nationwide. CRNAs are advanced practice nurses who are the hands-on providers of approximately 32 million anesthetics given in the United States each year. They administer every type of anesthetic, work in every type of practice setting, and provide care for every type of surgery or procedure, from open heart to cataract to pain management.
The AANA promulgates education and practice standards/guidelines and affords consultation to both private and governmental entities regarding nurse anesthetists and their practice.