NACUBO is committed to diversity because it enriches and strengthens how we advance our mission, just as it does for institutions of higher education. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Our goal is to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work.
Creativity and cross-team collaboration drive NACUBO’s achievements and contribute to individual success. All staff members are encouraged to think creatively about how they and NACUBO can address mission, member needs, and challenges that will inevitably arise from time to time. They are also encouraged to develop and nurture strong partnerships throughout the association. These partnerships help individuals, teams, and the association accomplish the activities, goals and strategies of the organization and of individual positions.
Imagination, innovation, and curiosity are welcome, and all require some risk taking. NACUBO encourages staff to engage in bold thinking, to put forward new ideas and proposals, and to openly debate the risks – upside and downside – associated with new ideas.
Each member of the NACUBO staff is responsible for creating and sustaining esprit de corps across the organization.
To accomplish all of this, staff will need strong communication and strategic thinking skills. NACUBO is committed to nurturing these skills in all staff members.
The Membership Support Specialist/Receptionist is responsible for supporting member engagement and publications and managing the NACUBO front desk. S/he serves as primary informational contact for NACUBO programs, products, and services. S/he receives inquiries and requests from members, other customers, and NACUBO staff via in person, phone, fax, and e-mail; and responds to those inquiries with the requested information. S/he serves as primary utility player in supporting NACUBO’s in-office functions and activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for opening the office on time beginning at 8:45 a.m. and closing the office at the end of the day at 4:45 p.m., Monday through Friday. • Responsible for managing member and guests requests and questions. Fulfills these requests for information in a responsive and professional manner. • Manages visitor access to the building and office and ensures that necessary services and resources are available to visitors while onsite. • Manages front desk coverage when necessary. • Maintains conference room schedules and NACUBO in-office meeting support.
• Supports member onboarding, transition, reactivations, and needs assessment activities. • Provides database support as assigned. • Provides administrative support for the entire membership engagement team and activities associated with the department. • Under the direction of the Vice President, manages the daily operations of NACUBO publications fulfillment and related inquiries. • Ensures every aspect of membership engagement is personal, relevant, responsive, and professional, with a focus on excellence in all interactions with our members, potential members, NACUBO staff and visitors. • Works integrally with the staff members in the digital engagement team to remain abreast of program information, products, and services for sale to all customers.
Financial Services Support
• Responds to inquiries regarding registration confirmation, billing, refunds, cancellations etc. • Works with Financial Services to send out monthly invoices for program purchases. • Works with Financial Services to scan all incoming checks.
Meetings and Events
• Creates new event pages in netFORUM for NACUBO and partner (excluding regional) programs. • Occasionally assists with registration of programs – specifically troubleshooting with meeting attendees.
• Provides back-up support to the Office Services Specialist in the ASC. • Provides administrative support to internal staff as needed. • Performs other duties as assigned.
This position works in a professional office environment. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copiers. This position works in a climate-controlled environment but internal office temperatures may fluctuate.
1. Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 to 25 pounds occasionally. 2. To perform the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee may frequently be required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to type, handle or feel, and reach with arms and hands. The employee may occasionally stoop, bend and/or kneel. Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time regular position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 8:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. This position is not eligible for an alternate work arrangement (i.e., flextime), please refer to the Employee Handbook for details. There may be occasional evening and weekend work as job duties or projects require it.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, however, some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
NACUBO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this position description does not cover, contain or list a full comprehensive listing of duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee in this role. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred. • One to two years’ receptionist/administrative experience. • Team player with excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills. • Strong customer focus and positive attitude. • Initiative and effective problem-solving skills. • Innovative, creative and resourceful. • Detail-oriented, organized and ability to multi-task. • Proficient with Microsoft Office applications. • Familiar with mail room equipment such as postage machine.
The National Association for College and University Business Officers (NACUBO) is the premier membership association serving all areas of higher education’s business and finance offices with professional training, advocacy, research, and consulting services. NACUBO’s membership includes approximately 1,600 institutions of higher education and 40,000 individuals.
Established in 1962, NACUBO has been an association since it succeeded a federation of associations of business officers that had given the profession a framework since 1951. NACUBO now represents more than two-thirds of the higher education institutions in the United States.
BACK TO TOP
Association CareerHQ is provided by
ASAE: The Center for Association Leadership
Discover what else ASAE offers to help you on your career journey
The job you are trying to reach from google was originally posted at Association CareerHQ.