The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. With more than 175 talented employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, expertise, and knowledge that each one brings to our table.
Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty. Thanks to our positive, supportive work environment, ASA has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last four years.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are smart, creative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!
Coordinate communications and publications administrative activities for ASA Monitor and eNewsletters, working with ASA members, ASA staff (managing editor, graphic designers, variety of staff contributing editorial), and publisher, to ensure accurate, on-time publication. Has primary responsibility for tracking ASA Monitor content for staff and Editor-In-Chief and in accordance with approved publication schedule. Coordinate content upload and deployment of Anesthesiology Today. Compile staff submissions and coordinate content upload and deployment of ASAP. In addition, perform administrative support duties for Publications team as needed.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Primary responsibility for tracking ASA Monitor content for staff, publisher, and Editor-In-Chief.
· Coordinate article invitations and handle queries for all ASA submissions to the monthly ASA Monitor. Provide preliminary checks, formatting, photo acquisition and archiving, author bio and disclosure forms of manuscripts. Distribute and manage author proofs, organize edited submissions for monthly ASA Monitor production process. Provide proofing support for final copy. Ensure all author disclosure forms are signed and received by publication deadline.
· Manage deadlines for the ASA Monitor editorial calendar throughout the year and work with publisher to develop schedule for upcoming year. Work with ASA Managing Editor (ME), Director of Publications, and EIC to finalize the upcoming year’s schedule. Maintain communication with authors to ensure timely article submission. Maintain communication with EIC to ensure timely review of content and gain approvals. Report at weekly editorial meetings content status and items that need.
· Primary contact for Editorial board members for queries, print/website information, and providing updates as needed.
· Coordinate feature content and graphics for both the Monitor and Umbrella websites. Provide on a timely basis to publisher. Ensure accuracy when issue goes live.
· Coordinate reprint permission requests for ASA. Determine if the request is within the ASA guidelines and reach out to legal or senior staff when it is questionable. Organize reprint letters for signature and coordinate distribution.
· Manage logistics, solicit articles, verify content accuracy, proof, and publish content for ASAP eNewsletter working closely with ASA Managing Editor, copywriters, and other ASA department leadership. Track metrics.
· Upload, proof and publish content for Anesthesiology Today. Track metrics.
· Maintain advance copy mailing list; coordinate any changes with publisher.
· Provide administrative support to Publications team including contract support, credit card and invoice processing, check request support, and meeting and logistics support.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum 2 years of related experience, preferably in publishing or journalism.
· High degree of computer proficiency including MS Office and meeting software (i.e. zoom, Teams, etc.). Adobe experience preferred.
· Ability to monitor the progress of tasks and projects and provide timely follow-up to supervisor.
· Highly developed interpersonal skills, with strong customer service orientation.
· Demonstrate personal integrity in interactions with vendors and contractors and in communication with members and staff.
· Excellent organizational, and time-management skills.
Telecommuting is allowed.
About American Society of Anesthesiologists
The American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) is a medical association that serves more than 53,000 members in the U.S. and around the world. We strive to be the world's premier medical society by offering superior educational opportunities and resources to our members, as well as a positive, empowering environment for our employees.
With more than 175 talented, enthusiastic employees, our organization places tremendous value on the contributions, unique expertise, and vast knowledge that every individual brings to our table. Our Schaumburg, Illinois headquarters is home to a variety of member support, education, marketing, and operational functions, while colleagues in Washington D.C. fiercely advocate on behalf of patients, physician anesthesiologists and the specialty as a whole.
Each of us is dedicated to our members and we strive to create an outstanding experience that helps them succeed. This commitment to excellence reaches far beyond our daily tasks—we set high expectations for ourselves, exhibit a strong work ethic and take pride in the results we achieve. Collectively, our desire to keep improving allows us to achieve great things as we seek feedback, pursue know...ledge, and strategize to enhance our organization for the future.
One tangible result of living these values is being named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work For® in addition to one of the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation® for the last four years. ASA was also awarded the Health Champion designation for two consecutive years by the American Diabetes Association®.
As we continually seek to strengthen the organization, we welcome individuals who are competent, innovative, motivated, and agile. If this sounds like you, please consider reaching out!