The Benefits/HR Specialist oversees the HR function within the Academy. S/he will cultivate a culture of professional development while ensuring accountability and ownership for results. The Specialist coordinates implementation of the HR policies, programs, and services. In addition, s/he will assist the Academy management with HR issues.
The major position responsibilities include:
* Talent recruitment and management - job postings, interview management, job descriptions, performance reviews, professional development
* Benefits management and administrative support
* Payroll and compensation administration
* Compliance and regulatory requirements
* Policy development and documents
* Employee safety, welfare, and wellness
* Employee services
* Knowledge of HR policies, labor law, and employee benefits
* Ability to understand and support talent management vision
* Knowledge in organizational development a plus
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Outstanding interpersonal and coaching skills
* Evidence of high respect for confidentiality
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent computer skills in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Additional Salary Information: A resume, cover letter and salary expectations is required.
About American Academy of Audiology
The American Academy of Audiology, located in the metropolitan Washington DC area, is the world’s largest professional organization of, by and for audiologists. Our active membership of more than 12,000 audiologists join together to provide the highest quality of hearing healthcare service to children and adults. The American Academy of Audiology promotes quality hearing and balance care by advancing the profession of audiology through leadership, advocacy, education, public awareness and support of research. The Academy has an active Board of Directors including an elected president and president-elect, a strong group of volunteer committee leaders, and an active Foundation. The American Academy of Audiology is an Equal Opportunity Employer.