CCIM Institute is looking to add a talented Program Coordinator to support the CCIM Foundation and a dynamic group of professionals dedicated to advancing the commercial real estate profession.
CCIM Foundation’s main purpose is to support the philanthropic work associated with CCIM Institute, including fostering increased diversity, equity and inclusion of the commercial real estate professionals engaged with CCIM.
The Program Coordinator will support the Foundation’s Executive Director with administrative and programmatic tasks related to the foundation’s fundraising and scholarship processes. This position will also provide general administrative support and assist in special projects as needed.
Based in Chicago, CCIM Institute is a professional association with over 10,000 members around the world. CCIM Institute recognizes an elite group with the commercial real estate industry’s top professional designation. CCIM also provides continued education and training to current and aspiring industry professionals, technology offerings that enable members to do more deals, and a network that is unparalleled. CCIM also has a 20-year history of advancing diversity within the commercial real estate industry. Visit www.ccim.com/careers to learn more about our culture and work environment. We look forward to hearing how you’d like to impact CCIM’s future.
And, while work experience and educational preparation are certainly important, we don’t hire resumes. We hire talented individuals based on our culture and values – the core of which centers around our commitment to uphold a supportive work environment that fosters trust and mutual respect.
Your Core Contributions To The Team
- Provide project management support to the Foundation’s programs and initiatives, including Named Education Scholarships, Veterans Scholarships, and Diversity Scholarships.
- Work closely with CCIM Chapters to award over 150 Named Education Scholarships annually.
- Support the CCIM Foundation scholarship application process, including creating and reviewing applications, scheduling interviews, ranking applicants, and communicating results. Also serve as the point of contact for scholarship applicants and recipients.
- Provide administrative support for Foundation committees and task forces.
- Support the Executive Director in implementing a fund development strategy, which should include corporate and philanthropic outreach, grant requests, individual requests, events, and other fundraising best practices.
- Assist with the coordination of an annual spring fundraising event. Responsibilities include sponsor recognition, organizing the silent auction, and communication with event attendees.
- Support the implementation of a donor recognition program for the Foundation.
- Leverage the expertise, knowledge, time, and resources made available from the Board of Directors and other Foundation volunteers.
- Engage with other CCIM team members (i.e. Finance, Marketing, Education, Member Services) in fulfilling the Foundation’s programs and initiatives in alignment with CCIM’s overall strategic plan.
- Be present at all meetings of the Foundation Board of Directors and other meetings determined by the Executive Director. Assist in the preparation of annual and interim reports to the Board of Directors, the Executive Committee and to donors.
- Advance CCIM’s diversity and inclusion goals.
- Maintain awareness of CCIM educational offerings, technology, and member benefits.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Knowledge and abilities
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a professional setting.
- Association or non-profit experience preferred.
Education, certification, licenses
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in business, management, sales, marketing, or related field of study, or equivalent work experience.
Qualifications and other skills
- Strong people and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral and written skills
- Problem solving analysis skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Financial competency.
- Detail oriented.
- Minimal travel is required.
What We Provide You
CCIM works hard to provide benefits that make your life better. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that features:
- Health coverage for you and your family through medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Financial protection through disability, life, accidental death and dismemberment, and business travel insurance.
- A 401(k) plan with company match.
- Tax advantages through flexible spending accounts that allow you to pay for specific health-care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- To help you manage your work and life needs we offer a life assistance program, free gym access, and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off program, including vacation, sick, personal, summer flex time, and volunteer days.
All The Other Stuff
This is a non-exempt position and reports to the CCIM Foundation Executive Director.
CCIM is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. In 2018, CCIM won the Welcoming Environment Organizational award for demonstrating that it engages people in an authentic manner – where uniqueness is valued, respected and supported through opportunities and interaction.
The job functions listed above represent the primary duties and responsibilities of this job and in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by you. Other duties and responsibilities within the scope of this job may be assigned. You will be required to follow all instructions and to perform all duties requested by your manager; subject to reasonable accommodations and within the scope of the position.